Mt. Chekigo Peak 6257m is recently opened adventure trail mountaineering peak that lies near to the massif Mt. Gaurishankar Himal( 7,134m) between Khumbu and Rolwaling valley . Mt. Chekigo peak is also spelled as Chekijo peak which is one of the least climbed trekking peaks in Nepal.
Chekigo peak climbing permit was issued firstly in 2002 since that Chekigo peak has had less than 100 attempts made on its summit. The first summit of the Chekigo peak was ascended by Bruce Normand from Unite Kingdom and Oliver Rotz from Switzerland through the west face on 15th may 2005. The remarkable summit of theGaurishankar peak region here is a various routes to reach at the top of the chekigo peak. While setting in the wilderness of the Rolwaling valley that combines with moving across the Tashi Labsta La pass at 5755m which is considered as one of that most challenging pass of the Chekigo peak climbing route. This trial offer us an excellent scenery views of the Mt. Tengi Ragi Tau (6,943m), Mt. Dragkar Go (6,793m) and Mt. Bisphero Go Shar (6,729m) among others.
Trekking towards the Chekigo peak is easily accessible from Kathmandu by road, through superb mountain terrain, different beautiful villages, some of the most religious sites of Nepal such as Biju Gompa and Kalinchok Temple etc. During your trek you can have great opportunity to observe the magnificent views of the massif Himalayas such as Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Lamjung Himal, Shishapangma, Gauri Shanker, Langtang, Dorjee Lakpa etc. Also, a Himalayan journey from greenery to the glacier is an amazing climbing in Nepal walking along the Rhododendron forest, paddy fields, higher meadows and diverse species of birds etc will make your journey one of the unforgettable journey of your life.
The best season for climb
March - April and September, October, November
Peak name chekigo peak
Duration: 26 Days
Types: Tea house & Camping
Best Season: March - April and September, October, November
Minimum members: 2 person
Maximum members: 12 persons in each team
Price: 3025 USD
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
Day 02: Full day Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley and preparation for the trek
Day 03: Drive to Shingati (950m).
Day 04: Trek to Jagat (1150m).
Day 05: Trek to Simigaoun (1990m).
Day 06: Trek to Gyalche (2990m).
Day 07: Trek to Beding (3690m).
Day 08: Rest and little hike in Beding for Acclimatization
Day 09: Trek to Chekigo base camp.
Day 10-19: Climbing Period
Day 20: Trek to Beding.
Day 21: Trek to Simigaon.
Day 22: Trek to Jagat
Day 23: Trek to Shingati
Day 24: Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
Day 25: Rest and final shopping day in Kathmandu Valley
Day 26: Departure to your destination
Itinerary can change as per clients likes .
- International/Domestic Airport pick up and drop off by our private vehicle
- Standard hotels in Kathmandu including breakfast
- 3-meals per day prepared by our experienced cook.
- Camping gear (two-person tents, foam mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent and toilet tent).
- Supporting field staff including professional trekking guide, cook, kitchen boy, porters or `pack animals as well as their necessary insurance, meals and allowances.
- Conservation Area Project (ACAP) entry permit.
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) permit fee
- Chekigo Peak Climbing permits fee
Sherpa climbing guide fee
- International Airfare to and from Nepal
- Member’s Personal climbing equipments.
- Personal climbing Insurance
- Nepal Visa fee
- Helicopter Rescue if needed
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tips to Staffs if you like