Meera Peak is considered as most beautiful viewing point. From the summit of Meera Peak, finest view of the Himalaya with five 8,000m peaks visible, Mount Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga, as well as other Himalayan peaks linked below. The standard route from the north involves high altitude glacier walking with easier climbing and skiing. The west and south faces of the peak offer more difficult & technical routes.
Trek to Mera base camp itself is one of the best trekking in Nepal. To reach there you can take flight to Lukla form Kathmandu or you can trek all the way to jiri to Lukla. Then instead of heading north towards Namche Bazaar and Everest, trek east towards the ridge of peaks that divides the Dudh Kosi from the Hinku Valley. Cross the Zatra La (15,000’ / 4600m) then descend steeply to the Hinku. Go north and east for for 2-3 more days to reach the Mera La (17,767’ / 5415m). The summit is now to the south and can be reached in one or two days of glacier travel. Proper acclimatization is key to having a good chance of reaching the summit. This expedition would be suitable for a climber visiting the Himalayas for the first time or keen in skiing.
Duration: 20 Days
Maximum altitude: 6654m
Types: Tea house & Camping
Best Season: Spring (March to June-15 & Autumn ( September-December)
Price: 3100/- USD per person (1 or 2 person)
2600/- USD per person (3-5 person)
2300/- USD per person (6 or more person)
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport & Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Prepare permit and other need document
Day 03: Flight to Lukla and trek to Chutanga
Day 04:Trek Chutanga – Khartitang
Day 05: Trek Khatitang – chhetra la
Day 06: Trek chettra la – Kothey
Day 07: Trek Kothey – Thangnak
Day 08: Trek Thangnak – Khare
Day 09: Rest day at Khare
Day 10: Trek Khare – Mera BC
Day 11: Trek Mera Base Camp – High Camp
Day 12: Trek High Camp – Climb Mera peak 6654m. & Back to Base camp
Day 13: Trek Mera Base Camp – Khare
Day 14: Trek Khare – Kothey
Day 15: Trek Kothey – Khartitang
Day 16: Trek Trek Khartitang – Chutanga
Day 17: Trek Chutanga – Lukla
Day 18: flight Lukla – Kathmandu.
Day 19: Rest day at Kathmandu
Day 20: Departure Final
- Mera Peak Climbing Permit
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- climbing Sherpa as required
- KTM-LUKLA-KTM air flight
- Staff insurance (climbing Sherpa, Kitchen staff and porters)
- Allowance for Sherpa & other staffs
- Lodging & Food during trekking and climbing
- Transfer in Kathmandu
- 3 stars Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan (Bed and Breakfast) : Additional 225/- USD for 5stars.
- Group Climbing gear ( rope, ice crew, snow bar, Epi gas, cooking pots and others)
- Tents and food in Base camp and High camps.
- Kitchen Staffs at Base camp
- Porter to BC & back
- Communication (walkieTalkie)
1. International Airfare to and from Nepal
2. Member’s Personal climbing equipments.
3. Personal climbing Insurance
4. Nepal Visa fee
5. Helicopter Rescue if needed
6. Alcoholic drinks
7. Tips to Staffs if you