Mt. Makalu (8463m) is the fifth tallest mountain on earth. It lies in the northeast region of Nepal close to Mt.Everest and Mt.Lhotse. Its size alone is impressive, but its perfect pyramid structure with four sharp ridges makes this mountain all the more spectacular Makalu means the Great Black One, so called due to its dark brooding appearance.
The first attempt on Makalu was made by an American team in 1954, but it was failed to reach on the top of Makalu. In 1955 French team has reached on the top of Mt. Makalu for the first time. Only five of the first sixteen attempts were successful. Makalu has steep pitches and knife- edged ridges. The final ascent of the summit pyramid involves a technical ice and rock climbing. The route to Makalu Base Camp (4823m) involves a sustained steep slope with magnificent views of Makalu (8463m) to the north. Climbing Makalu is really a demanding at present.
Altitude: 8463 m, 27,838 feetPosition: 4th Highest MountainFirst ascent: May 15, 1955 by Lionel Terray and Jean Couzy
Expedition: FrenchSummits/Deaths: 377/39 or
Death Rate after summit: 10.34%
Facts: It is one of the most increasing choices of climbers at present. Makalu is attractive mountains but it is not easy either. The mountain is notorious for its steep pitches and knife-edged ridges. The final ascent of the summit pyramid involves technical ice/rock climbing.
Imagine Team is proud to announce invitation for climbers from the world to join Imagine Nepal Int'l Makalu Expedition 2019. We are late to announce our program but we are prepared to organize it.
Name: Imagine Nepal Makalu Expedition 2019 Arrival date in Nepal : 28th March 2019 Departure date from Nepal: 10th May 2019 (Predicted time) Price: 23,500/- $ USD (both way by helicopter) Booking: Till 25th Feb 2019 Imagine Nepal Trek and Expeditions achievements chick on me 1. Makalu Climbing Permit 3. Helicopter service but only in group, not individually. 4. Lodging & Fooding during Expedition 20. Weather Report 1. International Air fare. 4. PRIMARY ESSENTIALS Successful ascent of Mt. Makalu by Mr. Mingma Sherpa and the team on 11th May 2017.
Quick Look :-
Makalu Itinerary :-
The price offers following facilities :-
2. National park permit
5. Transfer in Kathmandu
6. Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan
7. Climbing Sherpa ( 1 member=1 Sherpa)
8. Group Climbing gear ( rope, ice crew, snow bar, rock piton, Epi gas, cooking pots and others)
9. Tents in Base camp and High camps.
10. Oxygen(4 oxygen per each member & 2 oxygen per Sherpa)
11. Oxygen Mask regulator sets
12. Liaison Officer's fee
13. Kitchen Staffs at Base camp
14. Flight to-from Tumglingtar.
15. Porter to BC & back
16. Solar set at Base camp
17. Local Simcard in Kathmandu (must return at the end of expedition)
18. Staff insurance
19. Allowance for Sherpa & other staffs
The cost Excludes :-
2. Personal climbing equipments.
3. 1000 $ USD as Summit Bonus to your personal sherpa
4. Lunch and Dinner & Drink in Kathmandu.
5. Nepal Visa fee
6. Personal climbing Insurance
7. Individual Helicopter service or Rescue if needed
8. Staff gratuities if you like.
2. Money, Traveler’s Cheques and Credit cards
3. Personal Travel Insurance
1. Sunglass Normal-1
2. Casual Clothing for travel and Kathmandu-1set
3. Polypropylene shirt or T-Shirt-4-5
4. Warm fleece inner-2
5. Fleece jacket -1
6. Wind Jacket-1
7. Down suit-1
8. Down Jacket-1
9. Down pant-1
10. Light weight trouser-1
11. Heavy weight trousers
12. Fleece trouser-1
13. Wind pants-1
14. Polypropylene long Jons-1
16. Light weight-1
17. Light weight gloves-1
18. Down Mitts-1
19. Heavy mitts-1
20. Ski Gloves-1
21. Sun Hat-1
22. Warm Hat-1
24. Light weight walking shocks-6
25. Climbing shocks-4
26. Rain coat or Umbrella for trekking-1
1. Climbing Boots-1
2. Plastic/leather boots-1
3. Trekking boots-1
1. Sun and-1
2. lip care -1
3. Personal first aid kit-1
4. Repair kit like (needle, threat)
5. Reading materials
6. Diary and Writing material
7. Camera/video camera
2. Unlock karabiners -3
3. Screw/lock karabiners-3
6. Tape slings-2
7. Set prussic loops-2
8. Ice Axe- 1
9. Retractable poles- 1 set
12. Head Lamp-2
13. Batteries- 4sets/4times changeable
14. Sunglass with UV rays protection-1
16. Water bottle-1
17. Pee Bottle-1
18. Ruck sack- 45-55ltr -1
Sleeping Bag(30°C)- 1 or 2
Name: Imagine Nepal Makalu Expedition 2019
Arrival date in Nepal : 28th March 2019
Departure date from Nepal: 10th May 2019 (Predicted time)
Price: 23,500/- $ USD (both way by helicopter)
Booking: Till 25th Feb 2019
Imagine Nepal Trek and Expeditions achievements chick on me
1. Makalu Climbing Permit
3. Helicopter service but only in group, not individually.
4. Lodging & Fooding during Expedition
20. Weather Report
1. International Air fare.
Successful ascent of Mt. Makalu by Mr. Mingma Sherpa and the team on 11th May 2017.
Note: Itinerary depends on clients' wish and weather condition