Mt.Lhotse is the 4th highest mountain after Everest, K2 and Kanchenjunga. It is one of the most impressive mountains to climb. It is climbed from the west face. The western flank of Lhotse is known as the Lhotse Face. Any climber bound for the South Col on Everest must climb this 1,125 m (3,690 ft) wall of glacial blue ice. This face rises at 40 and 50 degree pitches with the occasional 80 degree bulges. Sherpa will set fixed ropes up this wall of ice. The way to Everest and Lhotse is same till 7800m.4 different camps above base camp are set to climb Mt Lhotse. The icy and rocky gully from camp-4 is the final way to reach the summit.
2018: Our lhotse team made summit on 29-04-2018 and recorded as seasons first 8000m summit for 2018. Our team opened a route to lhotse climber and at least 88 climbers of different eight teams summit in 2018. Congrats to our lhotse team member Mr Liu Yongzhong and Ms Dong Hongjuan, leader Mr Mingma G, sherpa Ms Nima Jangmu Sherpa , Mr Kilu sherpa and Mr Tamting sherpa .
Altitude: 8516 m, 27.940 feet
Location: Tibet / Nepal
First ascent: May 18, 1956 by Ernst Reiss and Fritz Luchsinger
Summits/Deaths after summit: 613/15
Death Rate after summit: 2.45%
Facts: The climbing routes of Everest and Lhotse are same till 7800m. The summit way from camp-IV is more risky because of lots of rock fall.
last year lhotse summit pictures
Quick Look :-
Name: Imagine Nepal Lhotse Expedition 2020
Mountain: Lhotse (8516m) 4th highest mountain
Event: High Altitude Mountaineering
Time: 5th April to 25th May 2020 (Predicted time)
Team size: 10 foreign climbers
Booking opened For 20202: Final date of booking: 5th March 2020
Cost: 25,500/- $ USD per person
2019 Lhotse Expedition has officially started and updated in above link 2019 Lhotse Update.
Leader: Mingma G
Days 01 : Arrival at TIA,kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel.
Days 02 : 03: Stay in Kathmandu for official document preparation and shopping.
Days 04: Flight to Lukla and trek to Phakding-2640m.
Days 05 : Trek to Namche Bazaar-3446m.
Days 06: Stay at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization.
Days 07 : Trek to Dikuche-3800m.
Days 08 : Trek to Pheriche -4243m.
Days 09 : Trek to Lobuche- 4930m.
Days 10: Lobuje High camp
Days 11: Lobuje peak (6119m) ascent and back to Lobuje
Days 12: Trek to Everest/Lhotse Base camp -5370m and then camping .
Days 13 – 38 : Climbing period, Overnight at Tented camp.
Days 39 : Trek to pheriche and Overnight at Lodge.
Days 40 : Trek to Namche Bazar.
Days 41: Trek to lukla -2640m. Days 52 : Flight to Kathmandu.
Days 42 : Rest in Kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel.
Days 43 : Transfer to airport, departure to your own destination
- Lhotse Climbing Permit
- Sagarmatha National park entry permit
- Lobuje climbing permit and allowance to Sherpa
- Lodging & Food during Expedition and trekking to BC and back
- Transfer in Kathmandu
- 4 nights in *** Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast plan
- Climbing Sherpa ( 1member:1 Sherpa)
- Group Climbing gear ( rope, ice crew, snow bar, rock piton, Epi gas, cooking pots and others)
- Box Tents with big comfortable mat in Base camp and V25 tents in High camps
- Oxygen (4cylider of 4ltr oxygen per each member & 3 cylinders per Sherpa)
- Oxygen Mask regulator sets
- Liaison Officer fee
- Kitchen Staffs at Base camp and camp-II
- National air flight. (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu)
- Porters to BC & back
- Solar set at Base camp
- Local Sim card in Kathmandu ( communication )
- Staff insurance
- Allowance for Sherpa & other staffs
- International Air fare.
- Personal climbing equipments.
- Summit bonus to sherpa @ 1000/- USD. Once you reached at last camp, it is compulsory
- Lunch and Dinner & Drink in Kathmandu.
- Nepal Visa fee
- Personal climbing Insurance
- Helicopter Rescue if needed
- Alcoholic drinks & beverages
- Tips to staff if you like.
2. Money, Traveler’s Cheques and Credit cards
3. Personal Travel Insurance
1. Sunglass Normal-1
2. Casual Clothing for travel and Kathmandu-1set
3. Polypropylene shirt or T-Shirt-4-5
4. Warm fleece inner-2
5. Fleece jacket -1
6. Wind Jacket-1
7. Down suit-1
8. Down Jacket-1
9. Down pant-1
10. Light weight trouser-1
11. Heavy weight trousers
12. Fleece trouser-1
13. Wind pants-1
14. Polypropylene long Jons-1 15. Underwear-5
16. Light weight-1
17. Light weight gloves-1
18. Down Mitts-1
19. Heavy mitts-1
20. Ski Gloves-1
21. Sun Hat-1
22. Warm Hat-1
24. Light weight walking shocks-6
25. Climbing shocks-4
26. Rain coat or Umbrella for trekking-1
1. Climbing Boots-1
2. Plastic/leather boots-1
3. Trekking boots-1
1. Sun and-1
2. lip care -1
3. Personal first aid kit-1
4. Repair kit like (needle, threat)
5. Reading materials
6. Diary and Writing material
7. Camera/video camera
2. Unlock karabiners -3
3. Screw/lock karabiners-3
6. Tape slings-2
7. Set prussic loops-2
8. Ice Axe- 1 9. Retractable poles- 1 set
12. Head Lamp-2
13. Batteries- 4sets/4times changeable
14. Sunglass with UV rays protection-1
16. Water bottle-1
17. Pee Bottle-1
18. Ruck sack- 45-55ltr -1
Sleeping Bag (30°c)-1
This year, there will be 5 foreign members on our Lhotse who are from China, Greece and Pakistan. Three members from Everest will attempt Lhotse after Everest summit. The update will be almost similar to Everest because both Lhotse and Everest are together.
Follow us here,
20-April-2019: Our 8 Sherpa and 7 Cook staffs left Kathmandu for setting Base Camp
21-25 April 2019: Sherpa team will trek to Everest base camp with luggages of food, tent, equipments and other necessary items.
5-6th April 2019: Team Arrived to Nepal
7th April 2019: Team reached to Namche flying from Kathmandu.
8th April 2019: Team had acclimatization + visit at Sherpa Museum in Namche
9th April 2019: Team Trek to Kyangjuma acclimatizing via Khumjung village.
10th April 2019: Trek to Pangboche
11th April 2019: Trek to Dingboche after having blessing from Guru Monk at Pangboche Monastry.
12th April 2019: Trek to Lobuje
13th April2019: All climbing team members arrived in Base camp.
14th April: The team had Puja which means worshipping Mother Goddess Everest and Lhotse for safe climb.
15th April: Our 7 Sherpa and 1 Pakistani Brother climb to camp-2
16th April to 09th May: rest and acclimatization.
10th May: Team startEd Summit push from Base Camp.
11th May: Team reached camp3
12th May: Team took rest at camp3 because of changes in weather.
3th May: Team reached camp4
14May: 2019 Lhotse 8516m Summit
Huge Huge Congratulation to my Lhotse team.
2 members and I will climb it after our Everest.
Today’s summiteers list
1. Dawa Gyalje Sherpa-Rolwaling
2. Kili Pemba Sherpa-Rolwaling
3. Pemba Chote Sherpa-Thame
4. Ang jangbu Sherpa-Thame
5. Dendi Sherpa-Solukhumbu
6. Tamting Sherpa-Rolwaling
7. Dawa Tenzing Sherpa-Rolwaling
8. Gao Li- China
9. Mr Li Xiaolin- China
10. Ms Christina Flampouri-Greece
11. Mr Antonios Sykaris-Greece
12.Mr Sirbaz Khan-Pakistan
Ms Christina became First Greece Woman and Sirbaz Khan became First Pakistan on Lhotse
Imagine Nepal Team will fix the rope on its own.
Itinerary can be changed as per weather conditions and clients' wish
Imagine Nepal Trek and Expeditions achievements chick on me