KanchanJunga is the third Highest point on the Earth. It rises to 8586m above the sea level. It lies in the eastern part of Nepal. Its position: Latitude:27○ 44’09” and Longitude: 88○09’25’’ First summit: on 25th May 1955 by Christopher Band from UK via South West Face.Kanchenjunga means “Five Magnificent Snow Treasures” a reference to the five high peaks that rise from the surrounding glaciers. The five mountains from the southeast are South Peak (8491m), Central Peak (8478m), and Main Peak-8586m, in the westward, there are Yalung Kang and Khambachen.
Altitude: 8586 m, 28,169 ft.
Location: India / Nepal
First ascent: May 25, 1955 by George Band and Joe Brown
Summits/Deaths after summit: 284/43
Death Rate after summit: 15.14%
Facts: It’s largest among 8000ers and the route to the summit is longest among 8000m mountains. It was considered to be the highest mountains till 1856. It is not that Technical Mountain but its height made climbers suffer on it.
Quick Look :-
Name: Imagine International Kanchenjunga expedition 2018
Mountain: Kanchenjunga (8586m)
Position: 3rd highest mountain in the world
Arrival date in Nepal : 15th April 2018
Departure date from Nepal: 30th May 2018
Price: 25,000/- $ USD
Space: 10 foreign climbers
Booking: Till 15th February 2018
Photo of Previous Mt. Kanchenjunga Expedition
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02/03: Stay in Kathmandu for paper work and shopping.
Day 04: fly to Biratnagar early morning and Drive to Phidim and then camping.
Day 05: Drive to Khandenba by private jeep.
Day 06: Trek to Khewang.
Day 07: Trek to Yamphudin.
Day 08: Trek to Baisi danda or dirct to Torongtang.
Day 09: Trek to Torontang forest camp.
Day 10: Trek to Tseram.
Day 11: Trek to Ramje.
Day 12: Trek through moraine to glacier camp.
Day 13: Trek to Kanchenjunga BC.
Day 14/15: Leisure at BC for acclimatization and climbing preparation.
Day 16-46: Climbing period.
Day 47: Return trek to Teram (long day trek).
Day 48: Trek down to Tarantang forest camp.
Day 49: Trek to Yamphudin.
Day 50: Trek to Khewang.
Day 51: Trek to Khandenba.
Day 52: drive to biratnagar early morning.
Day 53: Fly back to kathmandu
Day 54: Free day in kathmandu
Day 55: Departure to your own destination from TIA
The price offers following facilities :
- Kanchanjunga Climbing Permit
- National park permit
- Lodging & Fooding during Expedition
- Transfer in Kathmandu
- Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan
- Climbing Sherpa ( 1 member=1 Sherpa)
- Group Climbing gear ( rope, ice crew, snow bar, rock piton, Epi gas, cooking pots and others)
- Tents in Base camp and High camps.
- Oxygen (4 oxygen per each member & 2 oxygen per Sherpa)
- Oxygen Mask regulator sets
- Lasison Officer fee
- Kitchen Staffs at Base camp
- National air flight.
- Porter & Yaks to BC & back
- Solar set at Base camp
- Local Sim card in Kathmandu ( communication)
- Staff insurance
- Allowance for Sherpa & other staffs
The cost Excludes :-
1. International Air fair.
2. Personal climbing equipments.
3. 1000/-$ USD as Summit Bonus to your personal sherpa
4. Lunch and Dinner & Drink in Kathmandu.
5. Nepal Visa fee
6. Personal climbing Insurance
7. Helicopter Rescue if needed
9. Alcoholic drinks & beverages
10. Staff gratuities if you like.
Extra Services If you want
- herpa from Nepal : 8,000/-USD with full service for him
- Oxygen per bottle of 4litres: 400/-USD
- Masks Set on rent : 300/-USD
- Helicopter service KTM-Luka: 7500$ for single charter. (It carries 4 person with luggage)
2013: our MD, Mingma and Reza Shahlei from Iran made successful summit on 19th May 2013. Other member got back from C-IV.
Note: Provide your suggestion.
Itinerary can be changed as per weather conditions and clients' wish.