THE KING OF MOUNTAINS Mt. K2 with the height 8,611 meters/28,267 is the 2nd highest mountain after Mt. Everest-8848m. It lies on the borderline of Pakistan and China. K2 is counted as the most difficult mountain to climb.The first successful 8000er, Reinhold Messener said “K2 is the mountain of mountains. It is the most impressive but the most difficult peak in the world. K2 has variously been described as the "awesome", "killer”, "savage" and “the mountain of mountains”. Imagine is going to organize an expedition to Mt. K2 in 2019 (June 15-August 10). As per our clients demand and wish to climb K2, we are doing it again. Climbers from any part of world can participate and we provide SHERPA from Nepal. If anyone is interested then you are welcome to join our team. we organized successful K2 expedition in 2014 and 2017.
Fact and Figure:
Position: 2nd Highest Mountain in the world
Latitude: 35° 52' 46'' N
Longitude 76° 30' 51'' E
First ascent: July 31, 1954 by Achille Compagnoni and Lino Lacedelli
Death Rate after summit: 22.40%
Facts: Weather on K2 is unpredictable. It remains mostly clouded and high wind. Its risk of avalanches and rock fall are other two major for failure of expedition on K2. it was regarded as unlucky mountain for women. The first woman to reach K2 summit was the legendary Polish climber Wanda Rutkiewicz in 1986-june. Over the next 18 years, five female climbers made K2 successful but all 5 were killed. Three died during the descent down on K2 after summit, two others died nearby mountains. The first female K2 climber, Rutkiewicz also died on Mount Kangchenjunga in 1992. The curse was finally broken in 2004 by Edurne Pasaban. She lived alive climbing K2. Ms Edurne Pasaban is the first female climbers to climb all 14*8000m. Till the date only 15 women have achieved the success on K2.
Date of Arrival in Islamabadh, Pakistan: 15th June 2019
Date of Departure from Islamabadh, Pakistan: 10th August 2019 (Predicted)
Name: Imagine Nepal Int'l K2 expedition 2019
Time: June 15 to August 10 (Predicted time)
Event: High Altitude Mountaineering
Cost: 39,500/- US
Leader: Mingma G
Mingma G successfully climbed K2 in 2014 and 2017. He is certified UIAGM/IFMGA Guide. He has already climbed Everest-5 times, K2-2 times, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Nanga Parbat, Annapurna, Gasherbrum-I and Broad Peak. He as only Nepalese Solo climber soloed on Mt Chobuje-6686m via west face as first ascent in 2015. Beside this, he made first ascents on Mt ChekiGo-6257m, Mt Bamongo-6400m and several other 6000m peaks of Nepal
K2 previous year expedition: photos
Imagine Nepal Trek and Expeditions achievements chick on me
Day 01: Arrival in Islamabad Meet Everyone (Both foreigners and Nepali sherpa)
Day 02: Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 03: Flight Islamabad to Skardu (In case of flight cancellation due to bad weather then we need to drive to Chilas on same day)
Day 04: Drive chilas to Skardu
Day 05: Drive Skardu-Askoli by jeep around (6hrs)
Day 06: Trek Askoli-Jula (6-7hrs)
Day 07: Trek Jula-Paiju (6-7hrs)
Day 08: Rest day in Paiju
Day 09: Trek Paiju-Urdukus (7hrs)
Day 10: Trek Urdukus-Goro-II (5hrs)
Day 11: Trek Goro-II to Concordia (4-5hrs)
Day 12 : Trek Goro-II- K2 Base Camp
Day 13-44: Climbing Period
Day 45: Trek K2 B.C-Goro-II(7-8hrs)
Day 46: Trek Goro-II-Khuburche (7-8hrs)
Day 47: Trek Khuburche to Jhula (7hrs)
Day 48: Trek to Askoli (6-7hrs)
Day 49: Drive Askoli-Skardu
Day 50: Flight to Islamabad
(In case of flight cancellation due to bad weather then we need to drive to Chilas)
Day 51: Drive Chilas-Islamabad
Day 52: Free day and dinner party together
Day 53: Departure to respected countries
Cost Included :-
1. K2 Climbing Permit and other required permit of both member and Personnel Sherpa
2. Liaison Officer fee
3. 1member: 1climbing Sherpa from Nepal
4. Oxygen (4-5 cylinders to climbing member and 2 for climbing Sherpa)
5. Latest Mask Regulator Set (TopOut mask)
6. Staff insurance (climbing Sherpa, Kitchen staff and porters)
7. Allowance for Sherpa & other staffs
8. Lodging & Food during trekking and Expedition
9. 2ways Flight Ticket : Islamabadh – Skardu- Islamabadh
10. Transfer in Pakistan
11. Hotel in Pakistan on BB plan (Bed and Breakfast)
12. Group Climbing gear ( rope, ice crew, snow bar, Epi gas, cooking pots and others)
13. Cook from Nepal for delicious food at base camp.
14. Tents and food in Base camp and High camps.
15. Kitchen Staffs at Base camp
16. Porter to BC & back
17. Solar set at Base camp
18. Generator (for charging high voltage electronic devices)
19. Communication (walkieTalkie)
20. Weather Report based from Swiss Forecast
21. Satellite phone service with fixed calling charge
Cost Excluded :-
1. International Airfare
2. Summit Bonus to personnel climbing Sherpa of 1000/-USD
3. Member’s Personal climbing equipment.
4. Personal climbing Insurance
5. Lunch, Dinner & Drink in Islamabadh.
6. Personal equipment cargo to and from Islamabad
7. Pakistan Visa fee
8. Helicopter Rescue if needed
9. Alcoholic drinks
10. Tips to Staffs if you like.
2017: Our 2017 K2 team managed to put 12 climbers on K2 summit on 28-07-2017. We are the only team to make K2 summit in 2017. We also changed our camp3 to new location this time experiencing avalanche in 2016 on previous camp3.
So here is our 2017 K2 summit list and records.
1.Mr. Mingma G Sherpa- climbed in 2014 without oxygen and 2017 with oxygen. 2 times K2 summit/among highest summit record.
2.Mr. Dawa Gyalje Sherpa- In 2014, his sister, Ms Dawa Yangzum Sherpa climbed K2 being first Nepalese woman and now they are the world's only brother and sister to climb K2.
3.Mr. Tsering Pemba Sherpa- His first Summit on K2. Now we are 9 K2 Summiters from Rolwaling valley, Nepal.
4. Mr. Nima Tshering Sherpa- His first K2 summit.
5. Mr. Lhakpa Nuru Sherpa- He made his first successful 8000ers in Kakistan.
6. Mr Ngima Norbu Sherpa-He is forth Nepalese to Summit K2 without oxygen after Tsering Dorjee Sherpa and Pemba Gyaljen Sherpa in 2008 and Mingma Gyalje Sherpa in 2014.
7. Mr. Fazal-only Pakistani to climb K2 twice and also without oxygen
8. Mr Zhang Liang, China climbed 13X8000m peaks including K2
9. Mr Liu Yong Zhong,China climbed 10X8000m peaks including K2
10. Ms Dong Hongjuan,China climbed 9X8000m peaks including K2
11. Ms. Vanessa O'brien from USA completed 5X8000m peaks and became first American Woman on K2.
12. Mr. John Snorri became first person from Iceland on K2 and he will be receiving Medal of Honor from his country's President. Congratulations John.
2016 K2 Expedition
The 2016's K2 team ended expedition from camp-3 after huge avalanche washed away whole camp-3 where the team deposited all the climbing gears, food, oxygen, tents, masks and regulator. K2 remained unclimbed in 2016's main season. The team members wished to return back in 2017 again.
2014: on 27th July, our team made successful ascent on Mt K2.
1. Mr Mingma Gyalje Sherpa - Nepal
2. Mr Reza Shahlei - Iran
3. Mr Zdravko Dejanovic - Macedonia
4. Mr Jamling Bhote- Nepal
5. Mr Lien Choong Luen - Singapore
6. Mr Densa Bhote- Nepal
7. Mr Muhharem Aydine Irmak (Reached 8450m)
Note: 1. The flight between Islamabad and Skardu depends on weather condition. In case of bad cancellation due to bad weather can affect the confirmed reservation son need to drive to Chilas on same day.
2. Itinerary can be changed as per clients wishes and weather condition.
3. You can book your own trip with us at